BOT112: BUS COMP/MACHINES
Self-paced course in the operation of the electronic printing calculator. This course provides theory and practice in business applications with emphasis on mathematical problem solving. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Eligible for Mathematics 402.
- Operate the calculator by the"touch"method.
- Add a column of multi-digit figures with accuracy.
- Convert fractions and percents to decimals.
- Calculate a variety of problem using the total, clear entry, subtotal, add, subtract, multiply, divide, memory and percent keys.
- Compute business application problems such as taking discounts, calculating commissions, figuring sales tax, making extensions, figuring merchandise mark-ups and mark-downs, calculating the mean, and figuring percent of increase and decrease.