BIO15: ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
An introductory study of the structure and function of the human body. Includes study at the cellular and organ system levels, emphasizing integration of systems. Note that a cadaver will be observed in this course. This course is also listed as Allied Health 15. ADVISORY: Biology 10 or Biology 12 with a grade of 'C' or better. Eligible for English 250, English 260 and Mathematics 205. Course will include the viewing of a cadaver.
- Identify selected structures of the human body.
- List the organ systems of the human body and explain their functions.
- Relate the structures of the human body to their functions.
- Develop basic laboratory and dissection, skills which can be utilized in further investigations.
- Apply knowledge of structure and function learned at one level or system to other levels or systems.