THEA18: SINGLE CAMERA PRODUCTION
This course provides an introduction to the theory, terminology, and operation of single camera video production, including story creation, image composition, camera operation, portable lighting and audio operation and basic editing. This course focuses on the aesthetics and fundamentals of video story production including script writing, producing, directing on location, post-production, and distribution. This course is also listed as MCTV 18.
- Demonstrate technical and aesthetic skills and knowledge of video production and techniques.
- Identify and effectively operate video, audio and lighting equipment.
- Demonstrate aesthetic understanding of and technical ability to edit video footage into a cohesive story.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop a visual story from concept to final production through scriptwriting, filming, editing and final distribution.
- Analyze and apply moral/ethical responsibilities of video production/storytelling.