THEA11A: THEA 11A
A survey and introduction to basic dance genres and movement techniques suitable for Theatre Arts, including ballet, modern, jazz, social dance, musical improvisation and yoga. Emphasis on body awareness, movement in space, focus, breathing techniques, pantomime, choreography, musicality, rhythm and timing. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass.
- Employ, use and design physical warm-ups to increase confidence, poise and non verbal expression for the performing arts.
- The student will be able to apply each dance genre and movement form by demonstrating the basic skills in regards to positions and overall body awareness.
- The student will be able to apply each dance genre and movement form by demonstrating the basic skills in regard to musicality, rhythm, counting and timing.
- The student will present and perform a dance/movement piece replicated from as assigned genre or period.
- The student will organize and arrange a pantomime assignment based on one character.