JFT134: FIRING OPERATIONS
The course will provide knowledge and skills needed to develop and implement defensive firing operations. The course will cover advanced defensive firing techniques and provide awareness of offensive firing techniques and planning. Students completing this course with substantial firing experience will be able to implement offensive firing plans. PREREQUISITE: Fire Fighter I or Equivalent.
- Identify the duties and responsibilities associated with conducting safe firing operations.
- Demonstrate proper communications and coordination when conducting firing operations.
- Apply proper firing techniques and applied fire behavior.
- Develop and implement a written firing plan.
- Conduct a field firing operation using advanced techniques.
- Demonstrate how to properly use a very pistol, flare launcher, and hand thrown flares.
- Demonstrate proper firing techniques through live fire exercise.