HUM25: MOTION PICTURE PRODUCTION
This course provides an introduction to the theory, terminology, and process of motion picture production for film and television. Topics include basic cinematography including the operation, function and creative uses of production and post-production equipment, scriptwriting, camera operation, shot composition, lighting, sound recording and mixing, and editing.
- Demonstrate both the technical and aesthetic aspects of film and digital cinema production and demonstrate knowledge of basic production techniques.
- Operate film/digital cinema field recording equipment correctly to acquire quality products.
- Conceive and execute appropriate approaches to editing field footage into cohesive projects.
- Demonstrate a hands-on ability to perform appropriate critical thinking needed for successful teamwork in television, film or other media employment.
- Demonstrate through projects that with the power of a communicator, comes moral and ethical responsibility.