CSIS570B: COMPUTER ACCESS EVAL - 2
This course is to provide additional assistive computer evaluation and training to students with disabilities. Once the appropriate computer access technology has been determined, specialized training will be provided. This is a pass/no pass course. May be repeated as necessary based on measurable progress as documented in the Student Educational Contract. This is an open entry, open exit course. PREREQUISITE: CSIS 570A ADVISORY: This course is intended for students with a verified disability who show a need for assistive computer technologies and/or adaptive equipment or demonstrated academic deficit.
- The student will examine his/her individual computer access strengths and weaknesses.
- The student will practice the appropriate access technologies based on his/her individual learning profile.
- The student will employ self-advocacy skills when discussing his/her assistive computer technology needs.
- The student will perform proficiency in accessing a computer through the use of assistive computer technologies.
- The student will evaluate the use of assistive computer technologies to access the computer.