CSIS570A: COMPUTER ACCESS EVAL - 1
This course is intended to provide an in-depth computer access evaluation in order to determine an appropriate access environment for a student with a disability or multiple disabilities. This is a pass/no pass course. May repeated as necessary based on measurable progress as documented in the Student Educational Contract. This is an open entry, open exit course. ADVISORY: This course is intended for students with a verified disability who show a need for assistive computer technologies and/or adaptive equipment or demonstrated academic deficit.
- The student will explain his/her individual academic/cognitive strengths and weaknesses.
- The student will explain his/her individual computer access strengths and weaknesses.
- The student will identify the appropriate access technologies based on his/her individual learning profile.
- The student will employ self-advocacy skills when discussing his/her assistive computer technology needs.
- The student will demonstrate proficiency in accessing a computer through the use of assistive technologies.