CARP220: COMMERCIAL DOOR HARDWARE
This course teaches apprentices the basic skill necessary to successfully install commercial door hardware.
- Given a set of drawings determine door hand, interpret door schedules including hardware groups.
- Given a door in a frame, adjust the margins as necessary by shimming the door butts.
- Given a collection of hardware, correctly identify each piece and describe its function.
- Given a door, cylinder lockset, instructions and tools, prepare the door and install the lockset so that it securely latches and locks the door.
- Given a door, a mortise lockset and instructions, install the lockset so that it securely latches.
- Given a mortise lockset, a cylinder lockset and instructions for each, correctly change the hand of each lockset.
- Given the tools necessary, drill and hand tap holes for various machine screws.
- Given a door closer and instructions, install the closer so it moves from 90 degrees open to closed within 7 to 10 seconds.
- Given a rim exit device and instructions, install the exit device so it securely latches the door and releases with 5 pounds or less of pressure.
- Given a door holder/stop and instructions, install so the door stops at a pre-determined angle without damage to door or jamb.