ART12C: SCULPTURE C
An advanced sculpture studio course. This course focuses on the preparation of sculpture that is exhibit ready and the introduction of digital techniques in sculpture. The course includes work with wood and metal fabrication, metal casting, flexible molds, polishing, patinas, display stands and bases. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. PREREQUISITE: ART 13, Three-Dimensional Design, and ART 12A or ART 12B (Sculpture A or B)
- Students will demonstrate and apply a sound knowledge of safety procedures and materials related to sculptural processes.
- Students will write an artist statement expressing the concepts and motivations found in their artworks.
- Students will prepare documentation for a portfolio.
- Students will examine the historical and contemporary understanding of the cultural and technical aspects of sculpture.
- Students will demonstrate fabrication techniques as they apply to the production and exhibiting of sculpture.
- Students will demonstrate polishing, polychrome and patination techniques as appropriate for finishing sculpture.
- Students will apply digital technologies as appropriate for producing patterns and molds for casting.
- Students will manipulate sculptural techniques and processes to create sculptures.