JFT205: FIRE CPT
This course provides training which is required by the California State Fire Marshall to keep firefighters current with new equipment, policies, laws and skills needed to be prepared in the line of duty. This is a pass/no pass course. PREREQUISITE: Graduation from a California State Fire Academy.
- The student will confirm knowledge of the general safety precautions for all emergency situations.
- The student will list the limitations of personal protective equipment including how it can fail under fire conditions.
- Students will be able to provide above ground support for cave, tunnel and mine rescues.
- The student will identify and use the proper rope for hoisting, lowering, anchoring, rigging during role play exercises.
- The student will demonstrate fire service rescue knots by completing several types of knots during class exercises.
- The student will identify functions of nozzles necessary to provide sufficient water to extinguish fires and describe the difference between fog nozzles and solid streams.
- Students will examine coupling when a hoseline is washed and dried.
- Students will be certified in CPR.