A course that can teach you how to draw. Students learn basic drawing skills through the exploration of a variety of drawing materials such as pencil, inks, charcoal and pastels; processes include doodling, gesture and schematic drawing.
- Identify and illustrate contour line, hatching, cross hatching, stipple, shading, shadowing, modeling techniques in a variety of media and lighting environment
- Identify and apply composition and design elements/theory by integrating the various drawing processes and materials.
- Demonstrate and apply line, value, area, shape, form, mass and volume theories
- Demonstrate and apply a variety of spatial illusion techniques including: linear perspective, one-point perspective, two-point perspective and multiple point perspective
- Demonstrate and apply the use of pencil, pastel, conte charcoal, inks and chalk media
- Demonstrate and apply the use of matting, mounting and format techniques
- Demonstrate and interpret historical and contemporary drawing process, its materials and application in relation to the student's own drawings