ENGL9D: CREATIVE WRITING: FICTION
This course is an immersion into fiction and its creation, providing students opportunities to practice the craft of fiction, receive feedback, and read fiction by established writers. Emphasis will be place on exploring a variety of fictional elements and the development of terminology useful in both creating and analyzing fiction. PREREQUISITE: Eligible for ENGL 1A or completion of ENGL 9A.
- Employ and identify a variety of expressive elements used in the production of fiction
- Recall and apply terminology such as indirect discourse, characterization, scene, plot, narrative distance, tension, cohesion , images, and structure.
- Compose, appraise, and revise stories and/or novel excerpts.
- Select and prepare a publishable selection of fiction pieces and/or excerpts.
- Identify publications, plan on how to approach potential fiction audiences, and prepare to approach them.