MATH411: INTEGRATED PRE-ALGEBRA
This course is a blend of standard Elements of Arithmetic and Pre-Algebra courses with the focus on operations with whole numbers, fractions, percentages, proportions, and signed numbers. Algebraic topics such as variables, expressions, and solving basic linear equations and applications are introduced. This is a pass/no pass course where pass is given for mastery of the above topics. The mastery level is set by the department. ADVISORY: MATH 414
- Perform basic operations with whole numbers, integers, fractions and decimals w/o aid of a calculator.
- Implement the critical thinking strategies to solve the real life problems and analyze/evaluate the solution with respect to the context of the problem.
- Determine and implement an appropriate method of solution for real life problems
- Simplify algebraic expressions and solve linear equations involving integers, fractions, and decimals.
- Set up and solve applied problems involving proportion, ratio, and percents.
- Identify and analyze basic geometric shapes and be able to compute their perimeters, areas, and volumes.