CSIS571A: INTRO ASST COMP INSTR LAB
The Assistive Computer Instruction Lab (Intro) is designed for students who are eligible for Disability Services. The course is designed to improve basic academic skills and/or cognitive processes through the use of appropriate software or to learn adaptive devices designed to make computers accessible. Course content is based on Student Educational Contracts which are developed for each student. This is as pass/no pass courses. May be repeated as necessary based on measureable progress as documented in the Student Educational Contract. This is an open entry, open exit course. ADVISORY: This course is intended for students with a verified disability or demonstrated academic deficit who show a need for the use of assistive computer programs and/or adaptive equipment.
- Students will demonstrate beginning knowledge and skills in the academic courses or assistive computer technologies specified in their Student Educational Contract.
- Students will identify and apply assistive technologies or academic software that are appropriate for their individual learning profiles.
- Students will recognize the effects of the assistive technologies or academic software on their academic achievement.
- Students will employ appropriate assistive technologies and use them for the completion of their mainstreamed college coursework.
- Students will demonstrate increased proficiency in basic academic and/or computer skills and/or assistive computer technologies.