ART14C: MURALS: DIRECTION
This course is intended for students that have completed ART 14B, Murals: Organization and Planning. The course builds on the skills and knowledge learned in that course in teaching students how to direct and facilitate a community-based mural project. New elements learned in this course are: creating a timeline for mural projects, working directly with a community to create a mural, organizing and facilitating mural workshops for the community, organizing and facilitating a mural unveiling for a community and applying a protective surface for the mural created. PREREQUISITE: ART 14B
- Students will demonstrate organizational skills in preparing for a community mural project.
- Students will direct a local community organization.
- Students will demonstrate effective community-based mural project direction skills.
- Students will demonstrate the use of appropriate communication skills with the host community organization.
- Students will demonstrate effective planning and facilitation of a community-based mural project unveiling event.