ART1B: ART HISTORY
The history of western painting, sculpture, architecture and minor arts from the Early Renaissance to the present. (C-ID: ARTH 120) ADVISORY: English 1A
- Identify and describe the major and minor arts, techniques and characteristics in various art movements spanning from the early Renaissance to modern international art movements Measure: projects, exercises, performance, demonstration, homework, labwork, critique and presentation
- Recognize and identify examples of major architecture, painting and sculpture noting contributions of the major artists and the dates, schools and their characteristics Measure: projects, exercises, performance, demonstration, homework, labwork, critique and presentation
- Denote and identify the role of the minor arts (historical and aesthetic value) from the Early Renaissance to the present.
- Appraise and critique original artwork
- Recognize and demonstrate the historical, philosophical, and technical contributions of art to the culture and individual
- Identify and describe the contributions and innovations of Western Art including painting, sculpture and architecture using dates, times, places, artists and techniques.