WTRM121: MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE
This course is designed to familiarize students with the basic principles of mechanical equipment design, installation, operation, maintenance, repair, overhaul and replacement. The course emphasizes understanding the value of preventative maintenance techniques such as equipment monitoring, lubrication analysis, machine alignment and scheduled overhaul. ADVISORY: WTRM 101: Introduction to Water/Wastewater Technology.
- Explain the maintenance skills associated with: Equipment lockout/tagout.
- Discuss the maintenance skills associated with: Lubrication and Bearings.
- Describe the maintenance skills associated with: Couplings and alignment.
- Explain the maintenance skills associated with: Pumps, Valves, and pipelines.
- Discuss the need for a preventive maintenance history.
- Outline the basic parameters of a preventive maintenance system.
- Explain the CMMS approach to preventive maintenance.
- Describe the reliability approach to maintenance.
- Outline the basic parameters of predictive mechanical maintenance.