WTRM120: POLLUTION PREVENTION/STORM WTR
Pollution Prevention and Storm Water Management reviews methods and regulations to prevent pollutants from reaching the waters of our rivers, streams and aquifers. It reviews methods of reducing pollutants in industrial wastewater, water reuse and water recycling. Additionally, it reviews the methods and regulations for storing hazardous wastes and materials. Lastly, it reviews the general stormwater permits for municipalities, industry and construction. At the end of this course, the student will have a fundamental knowledge of how to reduce pollution in our wastewater through effective water and process management, as well as appropriate hazardous materials and waste storage. This course also covers the implementation of methods required by the State's general permits to prevent pollution from entering stormwater runoff. ADVISORY: WTRM 101: Introduction to Water/Wastewater Technology; WTRM 107: Beginning Wastewater Treatment Plant Operation.
- Outline the key elements of Pollution Prevention, Ingredient, and Chemcial Waste Storage, Process Design, Equipment Design, and Facility Design.
- Explain the requirements of Title 22 , Article 10 - 14.
- Outline the requirements of 40 CFR Part 112 Spill Prevention, Containment and Counter Measure.
- Describe the major elements of erosion and sediment control.
- Explain the required elements of a General Municipal Storm Water Permit.
- Outline the required elements for a General Industrial Storm Water Permit.
- Describe the key requirements associated with a General Construction Storm Water Permit.