WTRM119: INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER MGMT
Industrial Wastewater Management and Treatment reviews various industries and their associated wastewater. The course introduces the characteristics of wastewater such as pH, total suspended solids, total dissolved solids, etc., and then reviews basic treatment methods that are used to remove the particular characteristic from the water. By the end of the course, students will be able to design a wastewater treatment plant by developing block flow diagrams which utilize basic treatment methods to achieve the desired wastewater quality. ADVISORY: WTRM 101: Introduction to Water/Wastewater Technology, WTRM 107: Beginning Wastewater Treatment Plant Operation
- Outline the key aspects of industrial wastewater, industry sources, operations, and wastewater characteristics.
- Explain the important aspects of basic waste water chemistry.
- Outline the current wastewater treatment methods and associated equipment.
- Describe wastewater treatment system design, water analysis, equipment selection, equipment sequencing.
- Outline the key components of waste water treatment system design projects and student group system design.