WTRM116: ADV WASTEWATER COLLECTIONS
This course provides an in-depth understanding of the components of wastewater collection systems and includes the design, operation, monitoring, maintenance and repair of lift pump stations as well as equipment maintenance, safety/survival systems, administration and organization principles. ADVISORY: WTRM 101: Introduction to Water/Wastewater Technology, WTRM 113: Beginning Wastewater Collections
- Discuss lift station technology and how it works
- Explain why wastewater collection systems must be properly operated and maintained.
- Complete a detailed examination of what a collection operator is expected to do to keep the collection system functioning as intended.
- Discuss how to inspect and test newly constructed sewer mains and existing wastewater collection systems.
- Explain how to evaluate sewers for rehabilitation and/or repair
- Outline the selection and operation of equipment to resolve identified problems and minimize recurrence of problems on the collection system.
- Explain control strategies for pumps and lift stations, as well as how control equipment operates.
- Describe strategies for the administration of maintenance and operation of collection systems.
- Outline safety practices that are essential to minimize accidents in the field.