WTRM110: ADV WTR/WASTEWATER DIST MATH
This course is a continuation of the Beginning Water/Wastewater Mathematics course WTRM 102 and covers advanced math concepts used in the Water/Wastewater/Distribution industry. Topics include industry standard formulas, conversion factors, MCRT, SVI, waste/return, horsepower, well drawdown, capacitance, yield, belt press cake/filtrate, SDI, sludge age, gas production and digestion rates. ADVISORY: Math 205 Elementary Algebra and WTRM 102 Beginning Water/Wastewater Mathematics.
- Apply mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with whole numbers, decimals, and fractions used in the Water Industry. Review basic math concepts covered in the beginning class.
- Utilize Industry standard formula sheets and conversion factors. Convert Cubic Feet to Gallons to Pounds. Understand the Pounds Formula.
- Apply Trickling Filters and Rotating Biological Contactor Math.
- Utilize Activated Sludge Calculations.
- Apply Waste Treatment Ponds Math.
- Utilize Chemical Dosage Calculations.
- Apply Sludge Production and Thickening Calculations.
- Utilize Sludge Digestion Calculations.
- Apply Sludge Dewatering and Disposal Math.
- Utilize Laboratory Calculations. Water Treatment Filter Calculations.