MATH235: INTEGRATED ALGEBRA
This course is a blend of standard elementary and intermediate algebra courses with a focus on linear equations and inequalities, graphs and functions, systems of equations, polynomials and polynomial functions/ equations, factoring, rational expressions and equations, roots, radicals, and complex numbers, exponential and logarithmic functions, and problem solving strategies. PREREQUISITE: MATH 402 with a grade of "Pass" or assessment test recommendation.
- Simplify and evaluate algebraic expressions. Solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable. Evaluate and solve formulas.
- Analyze, be able to set up and solve quadratic, exponential, logarithmic, and rational equations.
- Analyze and solve the problems involving applications of linear, quadratic, exponential, logarithmic, and rational functions.
- Graph linear, quadratic, logarithmic, and exponential functions and be able to utilize the graphs in problem solving
- Simplify radicals, perform operations with radicals. Analyze and solve radical equations.
- Demonstrate proficiency with a scientific calculator
- Analyze and translate verbal Expressions into Algebraic. Use symbolic language to name algebraic structures.