WTRM114: LAB ANALYSIS WATER/WASTEWATER
This course is designed to support and understanding and application of water quality laboratory basics in a practical setting. It prepares students to perform chemical, physical and bacteriological examination of water and wastewater. ADVISORY: WTRM 102 Beginning Water/Wastewater Mathematics or Eligible for Mathematics 205.
- Identify laboratory equipment utilized for basic analysis of water and wastewater.
- Define terminology used for basic chemical, physical, bacteriological examination of water and wastewater.
- Perform mathematical calculations required for basic laboratory analysis of water and wastewater.
- Perform collaborative laboratory exercises using reagents and instrumentation.
- Prepare basic solutions and microbiological media for water/wastewater examination.
- Identify common microorganisms in water/wastewater.
- Write a laboratory summary of experiments performed.
- Research current issues related to analysis of water and wastewater that are performed and how they affect the general population.