WTRM112: APPLIED HYDRAULICS
Study of the hydraulics necessary in the operation of water and maintenance plants and systems. Consideration of the types of pumps used in water/wastewater service, their operational characteristics, required maintenance and the problems common to their use. ADVISORY: WTRM 101 Introduction to Water/Wastewater Technology; WTRM 102 Beginning Water/Wastewater Mathematics.
- Outline and discuss basic fluid principles.
- Explain the principles of basic hydraulics.
- Describe the application and use of centrifugal pumps, rotary pumps, displacement pumps, and special service pumps.
- Explain the applications of hydraulic accumulators.
- Describe the power transmission application of hydraulics.
- List and describe hydraulic power tools used in the water industry
- Explain the function and use of hydraulic cylinders.
- Explain the function and use of control valves.
- Describe the relationships between fluids, lines, and fittings.