WTRM109: ADVANCED W T PLANT OPERATION
This course focuses on advanced water quality control and treatment with emphasis on state regulations, EPA regulations, advanced mathematics and water chemistry. The course will include an in-depth study of treatment plant processes and their relation to current water quality regulations. This course will be helpful to those preparing for the CDPH Grade T3 and T4. ADVISORY: WTRM 102 Beginning Water/Wastewater Mathematics; WTRM 106 Beginning Water Treatment Plant Operation.
- Solve advanced waterworks mathematics calculations.
- Identify the various sources of water in California comparing the benefits and drawbacks.
- Evaluate various methods of disinfection as they relate to specific applications
- Describe laboratory procedures as they relate to advanced water treatment
- Assess and compare regulations relating to water quality.
- Define the procedures and components used in advanced water treatment.
- Analyze the hazards and safety procedures related to water treatment
- Analyze and explain advanced water testing procedures.