WTRM106: BEGINNING W T PLANT OPS
This is a comprehensive course that teaches basic principles of operation and maintenance of water treatment plant. The course covers sources of water; public health aspects of water supply; physical and bacteriologic standards of water quality; types of water treatment plants, water treatment procedures, operation, storage and distribution. This course is designed to prepare the student to take the State of California Water Treatment Operator exam. (T1, T2) ADVISORY: WTRM 101 Introduction to Water/Wastewater Technology; WTRM 102 Beginning Water/Wastewater Mathematics.
- Solve basic waterworks mathematics calculations.
- Identify various sources of water in California.
- Evaluate various methods of disinfection as it relates to specific cases.
- Assess and compare regulations relating to water quality.
- Analyze and explain basic water testing procedures.
- Define the procedures and components used in water treatment.
- Evaluate the hazards and safety procedures related to water treatment.
- Compare types of reactions as applied to water treatment.