KIN85: PRG DESIGN STRNGTH/CARDIO FTNS
This course is designed for the fitness specialist who wants knowledge of all aspects of resistance training and cardiovascular fitness. Emphasis will be on developing a physiologically sound and client-centered exercise prescription program. Students will learn program design, periodization training, effective exercises and stretches to improve client goals.
- Discuss basic exercise science including identifying major muscles of the upper and lower body and demonstrating proper resistance training techniques for each.
- Discuss how nutrition, exercise metabolism and bioenergetics plays a role in developing an exercise prescription program.
- Identify and describe proper behavior modification techniques for helping clients achieve success.
- Develop a physiologically sound and client centered exercise prescription program.
- Analyze and discuss the proper progression for the successful development of muscular strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness for all populations; including load, reps, sets, frequency, volume, recovery and variation.