WTRM104: MOTORS AND PUMPS/O AND M
Theory of pumps and motors, identification of problems encountered, causes of problems, corrective solutions and repair procedures. Implementation of maintenance programs including scheduling and record keeping. ADVISORY: WTRM 101 Introduction to Water-Wastewater Technology; and WTRM 102 Beginning Water-Wastewater Mathematics.
- Discuss basic fluid principles as related to pumps.
- Outline the key principles of basic hydraulics.
- State the key parameters and issues associated with centrifugal pumps.
- Rotary pumps
- Discuss the key elements and operational issues associated with reciprocating and displacement.
- Outline the key operational issues for special service pumps.
- Describe and explain pump curves, including horsepower and energy mathematics.
- Explain the concepts of cavitation and positive suction pressure.
- Outline the basic components of AC motors.
- Outline the concept of motor controls.