WTRM101: WATER/WASTEWATER TECH INTRO
This course constitutes an introduction to Water-Wastewater- Distribution Industry. Topics include industry careers, required certifications, hydrologic cycle, watersheds, water/wastewater treatment methods, valves and equipment, as well as industry standard math formulas and conversion factors. ADVISORY: Eligible for Mathematics 205.
- Describe how to engage in industry networking, including acronyms utilized throughout the industry, career opportunities, as well as state and voluntary certifications and their issuing organizations.
- Outline the components of the hydrologic cycle, including the characteristics of water. public health and water quality.
- Describe the key aspects of surface water, such as surface water development, water sheds and intake structures.
- Outline the primary water industry disinfection methods, including three forms of chlorine, chlorine safety, as well as PH scale and measurement.
- Define the key aspects of ground water, including ground water development. wells. and the similarities between water and wastewater treatment processes.
- Describe how water is used. Industrial, Commercial, and Domestic Water Use. Variations in Water Use. Basic Math.
- Explain relevant pipelines and couplings, including pipeline trenching and installation, in addition to an appreciation for local water issues, such as nitrate contamination and salt water intrusion.
- Discuss the relevant pumps, valves and flow meters used in the water industry.