AH743: TOBACCO CESSATION
This course is designed to provide the opportunity to obtain valuable education, support, and build the skills necessary to quit tobacco and live a healthier lifestyle. This course will also serve as a preventative measure for those who are considering smoking or using other tobacco related products. Discussion will focus on developing healthy coping skills, learning healthy lifestyle alternatives to smoking, and learning strategies such as Behavioral Modification Techniques and the use of Nicotine Replacement Therapy to help stop smoking. The physiological effects of tobacco on the human body will also be discussed. The course will be offered in both English and Spanish.
- Recognize common vocabulary within Tobacco Cessation.
- Identify the relevance of the theories that serve as the foundation for Quit Smoking Programs and apply those theories to help quit unhealthy addictions.
- Discover the benefits of quitting smoking and discuss how it leads to a healthier lifestyle.
- Recall the different methods available for quitting tobacco.
- Discover associated health hazards from tobacco use.
- Explore the importance of alternatives such as exercise, meditation, and nutrition on their road to a healthier lifestyle.