JLE164: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
This course is designed for students who desire an introduction to the basic tasks and responsibilities of an Evidence Technician. Students will be provided with the basic knowledge and skills needed to identify, process, collect and preserve various types of physical evidence. This is a pass/no pass course. PREREQUISITE: POST Basic Certificate or Equivalent.
- Identify and recognize physical evidence .
- Identify what equipment is needed at the crime scene.
- Develop the skills to operate the crime scene cameras and related equipment .
- Develop skills to collect footwear, tire track evidence and collect latent fingerprint impressions .
- Collect DNA and biological evidence and properly submit it to the lab.