JFT33: EMT REFRESHER
EMT-Basic Refresher curriculum consists of 24-40 hours. The refresher training program is divided into six modules and follows the National Standards Curricula. This refresher course is competency based. EMTs who successfully complete this course must demonstrate competency over the knowledge and skills outlined in this refresher education program. This is a pass/no pass course. PREREQUISITE: Must possess current National EMS Certification, EMT Card.
- Define medical direction and discuss the EMT-Basicís role in the process.
- Distinguish between methods of assessing breathing in the adult, child and infant patient.
- Describe common hazards found at the scene of a trauma and a medical patient.
- Working with a partner, demonstrate the technique for moving a patient secured to a stretcher to the ambulance and loading the patient into the ambulance.
- Perform an initial patient assessment and demonstrate the steps in the emergency medical care of a patient with open abdominal wounds.
- Describe the steps the EMT-Basic should take for personal protection from airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- Demonstrate the skills involved in performing the detailed physical exam and apply the components of the essential patient information in a written report.
- Demonstrate the steps in performing the skill of artificially ventilating a patient with a bag-valve-mask for one and two rescuers.
- Demonstrate how to insert an oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal airway.
- Demonstrate CPR and the application and operation of the automated external defibrillator.