JFT31: PARAMEDIC - CLINICAL
Upon completion of the didactic phase of paramedic training, the paramedic intern is required to complete a clinical rotation. Clinical training will be conducted at local contracted hospitals for a minimum of 160 hours to maximum of 280 hours. Students will be assigned a specific hospital. Clinical internship must be completed within three months of the student's first clinical rotation. Field internship may not begin until the clinical internship is completed and the student successfully completes a clinical closeout meeting. This is a pass/no pass course. PREREQUISITE: Emergency Medical Technician Certificate Successful completion of the Paramedic Core Course, JFT 30.
- Recognize and analyze the assessment and treatment of patients with respiratory diseases.
- Develop a treatment plan based on field impression in the patient with cardiac, stroke, adrenal or allergic symptoms.
- Describe the technique for performing a comprehensive physical examination of a patient complaining of abdominal pain.
- Identify and demonstrate the management of a patient with predelivery emergencies from a normal delivery.
- Differentiate among the various treatments and pharmacological interventions in the management of the most common poisonings by injection.