JFT30: PARAMEDIC CORE
This course is designed to guide students to successful completion of the National Registry EMT-Paramedic exam and meets the training requirements mandated by the State of California, California Code of Regulations Title 22. The didactic instruction represents the delivery of primarily cognitive material. This is the first part of a three-part program. Students must successfully complete the didactic portion of training prior to progressing to Clinical training (part two). PREREQUISITE: JFT 17 EMT
- Differentiate among the four nationally recognized levels of EMS training/ education, leading to licensure/certification/ registration.
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and the assessment findings to formulate a field impression and implement the treatment plan for the patient with a musculoskeletal injury.
- Identify a treatment plan for the trauma patient with a suspected head injury.
- Discuss the legal concept of immunity, including Good Samaritan statutes and governmental immunity, as it applies to the paramedic.
- Establish and/ or maintain a patent airway, oxygenate, and ventilate a patient.
- Identify pathophysiological principles and the assessment findings to formulate a field impression and implement a treatment plan for the patient with a suspected spinal injury