Emphasis on development of wheel throwing and advanced ceramic techniques. Glaze testing, clay body development, kiln stacking and firing are introduced. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Art 10A
- The student will explain the terminology of ceramics.
- The student will describe and classify the types of ceramics and glazes.
- The student will apply appropriate and effective ceramic design.
- The student will utilize safe and proper techniques and procedures for ceramic production.
- The student will recognize the forms and conventions of ceramic art.
- The student will create a unique, personal communication and effectively use the ceramic medium for expression.
- The student will formulate and test glazes with proper record keeping.