ART10A: CULT HIST CERAMICS
An introduction to the historical developments and cultural influences of ceramic art. Development of a personal expression is realized through the combination of historical elements, observation and actual creations in clay.
- The student will describe the terminology of ceramics.
- The student will recognize the unique contributions various cultures have made to ceramic history.
- The student will apply appropriate and effective ceramic design.
- The student will utilize safe and proper techniques and procedures for ceramic production.
- The student will recognize the forms and conventions of ceramic art from various world cultures.
- The student will create a unique, personal communication and effectively use the ceramic medium of expression.
- The student will appraise and criticize ceramic works created by his peers and himself.