APE36: ADAPTED PE
An individualized program of adaptive physical education activities designed to meet the needs of students with physical disabilities. Develops an appreciation of physical activity as a regular planned contribution to one's overall fitness. May be repeated as necessary based on measurable progress as documented in the student's educational contract. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass.
- Students will describe ten (10) warm up and cool down activities.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate use of adapted equipment and exercise.
- Students will execute proper safety procedures specific to adapted equipment use.
- Students will perform a series of small and large muscle group activities consistent with their individual plan.
- Students will describe the benefits of adapted exercise as a life long activity.