APE34: AQUATIC EXERCISE
This course is designed to help individuals who by the nature of their disability such as wheelchair use, back injury, cardiovascular impairment, multiple sclerosis or other disabling condition require a specific aquatic exercise program that will contribute to their physical fitness. May be repeated as necessary based on measurable progress as documented in the student's educational contract. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass.
- Students will demonstrate ten (10) specific aquatic warm up exercises.
- Students will demonstrate five (5) aquatic exercises that enhance/improve cardio-vascular conditioning.
- Students will identify three (3) major muscles used while doing aquatic exercises.
- Students can organize a 20 minute group exercise program using the format used in class.
- Student will explain the importance of aquatic exercise and how it relates to good health.