ESL776: ESL LITERACY II
This is the second part of a pre-ESL survival course that is designed for students with very limited reading/writing skills. The focus is on letter formation, sight-sound recognition and decoding skills. ADVISORY: Placement by the CASAS test or by successful completion of ESL 775.
- Form the alphabet with more ease.
- Decode one and two-syllable words
- Recognize simple, common vocabulary used in familiar topics such as family, health, feelings, time and money
- Write simple sentences, questions, and answers about aforementioned topics
- Employ vocabulary from topic areas to have conversation.