THEA6: INTRO AUDIO PRDTN
The theory and practice of audio techniques in radio, television, film and multimedia including acoustics, audio language and terms, signal flow, use of microphones, use of microphones, use of mixers and related audio production and digital recording equipment and the aesthetic aspects of sound mixing and post production. Students will be able to apply knowledge and gain hands-on experience recording, editing, mixing and mastering audio. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. This course is also listed as MCTV 6.
- Demonstrate knowledge of audio recording concepts and terminology including the sound wave, frequency/pitch, amplitude/loudness, phase and timbre. Understand audio theory, acoustics, and aesthetic aspects.
- Identify, explain and apply knowledge of the operational elements of a professional audio system including acoustics, microphone classification, placement and use, and the theory and practical use of analog and digital recording equipment and storage devices.
- Set-up and operate audio (microphones, head-sets, mixers, cables) safely and professionally for a variety of venues and productions.
- Demonstrate the use of audio equipment to record audio both in the studio and on location and edit, process and mix audio elements together into a finished program.
- Record a live performance, demonstrating knowledge of digital recording audio techniques
- Use and demonstrate digital post production audio techniques for TV/Film or media production.