THEA12B: ACTING II
This course follows Acting I and continues the exploration and techniques used in preparation for the interpretation of drama through acting. The emphasis will be placed on deepening the understanding of the acting process through character analysis, monologues, and scenes. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. (C-ID: THTR 152) PREREQUISITE: Theatre Arts 12A.
- Model an intermediate understanding of the various techniques of acting in performance.
- Develop an expanded range and flexibility as an actor.
- Model Intermediate ability to create a character using textual analysis.
- Lead class evaluations of scene work developed from published plays.
- Model and facilitate applying elements of effective acting techniques as a personal standard.
- Intermediate evaluation of acting technique in a live performance.