THEA12A: ACTING I
This course explores the physical and psychological resources of the actor. Students achieve proficiency in individual and group contact, collaboration, theatre games, improvisation, basic theatre vocabulary, and sound and movement dynamics. Students emerge in formal scene presentations as well as critique live theatrical productions. (C-ID: THTR 151)
- Demonstrate proficiency in acting/theatre terminology.
- Discuss and critique a variety of acting performances.
- Design and prepare a process for creating and presenting a believable character from a script.
- Use and apply a basic craft of acting in performance.
- Demonstrate basic skills of acting, including physical, vocal, imaginative, analytical, and emotional elements.
- Critique a scene from an observerís point of view, identifying the strengths and weaknesses of that presentation.