THEA11: DANCE & MVMT/THEA
A survey and introduction to basic dance genres and movement techniques suitable for Theatre Arts, including ballet, modern, jazz, social dance, musical theatre, improvisation and yoga. Emphasis on body awareness, movement in space, focus, breathing techniques, pantomime, choreography, musicality, rhythm and timing. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass.
- Employ, use and design physical warm-ups to increase confidence, poise and non verbal expression for the performing arts.
- The student will be able to apply each dance genre and movement form by demonstrating the basic skills in regard to positions and overall body awareness.
- The student will be able to apply each dance genre and movement form by demonstrating the basic skills in regard to musicality, rhythm, counting and timing.
- The student will present and perform a dance/movement piece replicated from as assigned genre or period.
- The students will organize and arrange a pantomime based on two characters.
- The student will be able to express an appreciation of their own unique body and its ability to perform as an expressive art form through movement and choreography.