THEA1: THEATRE HISTORY
A survey of the history of theatrical performance, production and dramatic literature, including: early Greek, Roman, Asian, the Renaissance, Italian, English, modern European to contemporary American theatre. (C-ID: THTR 113) ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- Critique and evaluate the historical, social and philosophical environments in which theatre exists.
- Outline the historical Development of Theatre from Greeks through 17th Century.
- Compile evidence illustrating how the relationship between audience and theatre Artists has changed over time.
- Analyze the role of Theatre Arts and its relationship to other parts of society.
- As a theatre Patron analyze and critique dramatic Literature and performance.
- Compare, contrast and analyze the world view presented by the playwright in each play.
- Practice critical thinking and communication skills such as listening, reasoning, analysis and criticism when reading or viewing plays.