Computer Science Club
Welcome to the Gavilan College Computer Science Club Page!
The purpose of our club is to help you excel beyond the classroom. The club will help you:
- Network, learn from each other, be a part of a team, and create software together.
- Improve your computer and soft/people skills.
- Learn about and use new technologies.
- Attend and organize Hackathons and Game/App Development events.
- Go on tours (IBM, Computer History Museum, Western Digital,) and speak with potential employers that will help you start your career, and attain six figure salaries within the field of Computer Science!
- Win scholarships: Two out of the three GCFA 2017 Scholarships were awarded to our CS Club Members.
- Win at competitions: Over $1400 were won in awards at local Hackathons during 2017.
- Organize events:
- Spring 2018 Hackday at Gavilan - awarded over $1200 to participanting High/Middles School Students.
- 2017, 2018 CyberPatriot Summer Camps educated our local community about CyberSecurity.
- Make money: 9 CS Club students earned $600 to $2500 per week during the Summer'17 and '18 CyberPatriot Camps.
The CS club meets every Thursday in BU111 from 3pm to 4 pm. All are welcome!
About the Workshops:
- There can be a new topic/workshop every meeting.
- There are several projects (arduino, vr, club page, node.js, smart mirror, pizza or no pizza app), which you can help put together, or come up with your own!!
- Slack: gavcs.slack.com
- GitHub: Github.com/GAV-CS (Bootstrap)
- 11/10/2016: UNIX commands , LINUX presentation , bash presentation
- 11/17/2016: GitHub
- 12/08/2016: SQL/PHP...we will be using sqlfiddle
- 04/20/2017: Reverse Engineer (Assembly) a Nintendo GameBoy Game.
- 10/14/2017: GitHub
- 04/10/2018: Agile (IBM Guest Speaker, David Parker)
- 04/17/2018: Setup Node.js and MEAN stack
Club Day, Spring 2019:
Science Day, March 2019:
CyberPatriot Summer Camp 2018:
AlliumHacks Hackday, Spring 2018:
CyberPatriot Summer Camp 2017:
Club Fundraiser, March 2017:
Club Day, Fall 2016:
Competitions and Hackathons
Bay Area Regionals Competition, Spring 2019 (GECA Team trained by our CS Club ):
Gavilan CS Club @ Stanford Blockchain Hackathon, Fall 2018:
Gavilan CS Club @ SiliconHacks, Fremont, May 2017
HerHacks, Salinas, April 2017:
CSUMB Hackathon Monterey, November 2016:
Christian Sumares Project and Time Laps, Spring 2018
Silicon Hacks Project 1, Heart Rate App, May 2017
Silicon Hacks Project 2 ( Winner $250, Jeron Wong), May 2017
A $1200 drone that CS Club President (Jeron Wong) won at a Hackathon:
Heidy Togliatti - Club President
Marisol Arredondo - Club Treasurer
Jeron Wong - Club President (2017-2018) - Transferred to UIUC, Fall 2018
Daniel Chavez - Club Vice Pesident (2017-2018) - Transfered to Berkeley, Fall 2018
Chris Estes - Club Project Manager - Transferred to CSUMB
Isais Zaldivar - Club Secretary - Transferred to CSUMB
Jesus Salas - Club VP - Transferred to CSUMB, Fall 2017
Alexandria Davis - Club Web Content Manager - Transferred to CSUMB
Marques Reimann and Jonathan Rinfret
Co-Founders and First 2 Presidents (2016-2017).
Transfarred to UCSC & CSUMB, Fall 2017
Rebecca Kinman - ASGC VP of Technology
View our work on github at GavilanCSClub!
Have a question? Email us at GavCSClub@gmail.com