Computer Science Club
Welcome to the Gavilan College Computer Science Club Page!
Computer Science Club members, with their advisor Alex Stoykov (right),
at the end of one of their weekly, informative meetings. November 2019.
The purpose of our club is to help you excel beyond the classroom. The club will help you:
- Network, learn from each other, be a part of a team, and create software together.
- Improve your computer and soft/people skills.
- Learn about and use new technologies.
- Attend and organize Hackathons and Game/App Development events.
- Go on tours (IBM, Computer History Museum, Western Digital, and more) and speak with potential employers that will help your career, and attain six figure salaries within the field of Computer Science!
- Win scholarships: Two out of the three GCFA 2017 Scholarships were awarded to our CS Club Members.
- Win at competitions: Over $1400 were won in awards at local Hackathons during 2017.
- Organize events:
- Spring 2018 Hackday at Gavilan - awarded over $1200 to participanting High/Middles School Students.
- 2017, 2018 CyberSecurity Summer Camps helped make our local community more secure.
- Make money: 11 CS Club students earned between $600 to $2500 per week during the Summer'17, '18 and '19 CyberSecurity Camps.
- Read more about our club Here
The CS club meets every other Thursday (1pm-2pm) on Zoom. All are welcome!
Fall 2020 Meeting Dates: Sep 03, Sep 17, Oct 1, Oct 15, Oct 29, Nov 12, Nov 26
About the Workshops:
- There can be a new topic/workshop every meeting.
- There are several projects (arduino, vr, club page, node.js, smart mirror, pizza or no pizza app), which you can help put together, or come up with your own!!
- Discord Chat Channel: https://discord.gg/EmU3JVd
- GitHub: Github.com/GAV-CS (Bootstrap)
- 11/10/2016: UNIX commands , LINUX presentation , bash presentation
- 11/17/2016: GitHub
- 12/08/2016: SQL/PHP...we will be using sqlfiddle
- 04/20/2017: Reverse Engineer (Assembly) a Nintendo GameBoy Game.
- 10/14/2017: GitHub
- 04/10/2018: Agile (IBM Guest Speaker, David Parker)
- 04/17/2018: Setup Node.js and MEAN stack
- Spring/Fall 2019: Setup Django, did Arduino work.
Gavilan Youth Cyber Camp 2019 Interns and Instructors
Gavilan Youth Cyber Camp 2019 Participants:
Club Day, Spring 2019:
Fundraiser Spring 2019:
Science Day, March 2019:
CyberPatriot Summer Camp 2018:
AlliumHacks Hackday, Spring 2018:
CyberPatriot Summer Camp 2017:
Club Fundraiser, March 2017:
Club Day, Fall 2016:
Competitions, Game Jams, Hackathons
Global Game Jam @ UCSC , January 2020:
CSUMB Fall 2019 Startup Hackathon (Presentation):
Bay Area Regionals, Spring 2019 (GECA Team trained and lead by our Marisol Arredondo ):
Gavilan CS Club @ Stanford Blockchain Hackathon, Fall 2018:
Gavilan CS Club @ SiliconHacks, Fremont, May 2017
HerHacks, Salinas, April 2017:
CSUMB Hackathon Monterey, November 2016:
Christian Sumares STEM Summer 2019 Computer Science Internship.
Christian Sumares 3D FPS Time Lapse and Project Demo, Spring 2018:
Silicon Hacks Group Project, Heart Rate App, May 2017
Silicon Hacks Solo Project ( Winner $250, Jeron Wong), May 2017
A $1200 drone that CS Club President (Jeron Wong) won at a Hackathon:
Anthony Mendoza - Club President
Marisol Arredondo - Club Treasurer
Heidy Togliatti - Club President (2018 - 2019) - Transfered to CSUMB, Fall 2019
Jeron Wong - Club President (2017-2018) - Transferred to UIUC, Fall 2018
Daniel Chavez - Club Vice Pesident (2017-2018) - Transfered to Berkeley, Fall 2018
Chris Estes - Club Project Manager - Transferred to CSUMB
Isais Zaldivar - Club Secretary - Transferred to CSUMB
Jesus Salas - Club VP - Transferred to CSUMB, Fall 2017
Alexandria Davis - Club Web Content Manager - Transferred to CSUMB
Marques Reimann and Jonathan Rinfret
Co-Founders and First 2 Presidents (2016-2017).
Transfarred to UCSC & CSUMB, Fall 2017
Rebecca Kinman - ASGC VP of Technology
View our work on github at GavilanCSClub!
Have a question? Email us at GavCSClub@gmail.com