WHY major in Communication Studies? There are plenty of reasons ...
Reason #12: We extend learning beyond the classroom.
Title: Communication Instructor
Today, more than ever before in human history, students of the 21st century are challenged by the need to converse across a varying range of contexts and with diverse types of people. The basic principles of effective verbal and nonverbal communication and the related functions in contemporary public settings are essential to the social and academic future of every college student. In the field of communication studies, there is an emphasis on each individual's ability to communicate effectively with people in all walks of life and with the development of understanding concerning the human communication process. Skills in problem solving, decision making, and intra/interpersonal communication are developed through active participation in this field of study. The progression of learning that occurs helps students learn to understand, value, and practice the communication process.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
- B.A., Human Communication with a minor in Global Studies, CSUMB
- M.A., Speech Communication, SJSU
- Human Resource Management/Consultant
- Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) Certification
- Certified in Mediation through the Office of Human Relations, County of Santa Clara