|Students!! Post resumes and search job openings. Gavilan College Career Education uses College Central Network as its job search system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni and employers at www.collegecentral.com/gavilan|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer Degree, students will be prepared for more rigorous upper-division coursework in business administration, and will be able to:
- apply communication principles and appropriate information technology to the production of emails, letters, memos, resumes, reports, and various other document.
- describe existing and emerging information technologies that assist in effective business decision-making or facilitate communication.
- discuss the causes of macroeconomic (business cycle) fluctuations,and the effects these fluctuations have on business owners.
- apply cost-benefit analysis to resource allocation choices made in a business setting.
- explain accounting terminology, concepts, principles, and frameworks.
- perform accounting-related calculations, and demonstrate the ability to use accounting methods and procedures, to solve accounting and business related questions and problems.
- apply legal analysis in planning and decision making to avoid legal conflicts in business decisions.
- develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multi-cultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing environment.
REQUIREMENTS: (17 units)
- ACCT 20 Financial Accounting (4 units)
- ACCT 21 Managerial Accounting (4 units)
- ECON 1 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 units)
- ECON 2 Principles of Microeconomics (3 units)
- BUS 80 Business Law (3 units)
LIST A (Select 1 3-4 units))
- MATH 5 Introduction to Statistics (3 units)
- BUS/ECON 11 Statistics for Business and Economics (4 units)
- MATH 6 Calculus for Business / Social Science (3 units)
- MATH 7 Finite Mathematics (3 units)
LIST B (Select 2 6-7 units))
- Any course not used in List A (3-4 units)
- CSIS 2 Computers in business (4 units)
- BUS 1 Fundamentals of Business (3 units) or
- BUS 100 Business Correspondence (3 units)
Total units in the major: 26-28 units
Completion of CSU GE Breadth or IGETC: 39 - 42 units Units for degree: 60 units
ALL ADT DEGREES REQUIRE:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
ADTs also require that students must earn a C or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis. A 'P' (Pass) grade is an acceptable grade for courses in the major.
A course may be used to satisfy both general education and major courses. See "Double Counting Rule" or consult a counselor.